EXPERT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS
Currently, Expert Certificate Programs are offered in the following specializations:
1. Project Management
2. Production and Operations Management
3. Business Analytics
4. Business Finance
These are fast-track, blended programs on e-platform, continually supported by mentors who are Senior Academicians, and Scholar Practitioners. Students are extended faculty support through tele/video-conferencing, webcasts, podcasts, webinars by expert faculty of RIMSR. Course work consists of comprehensive, easy to understand e-tutorials, proctoring, lectures, workshops, seminars, symposia, exercises, case discussions, industrial and business visits, library research, and interactions with CEOs/COOs of reputed organizations. The programs are capacity building ones providing expert knowledge and skills. The duration of the Expert Certificate Programs is 24 weeks.
The Expert Certificate Program in Project Management, also serves as a precursor course enabling successful students or professionals to appear for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) / Project Management Professional (PMP) examinations of the PMI, USA.
I Foundation Courses*- Common For All The Programs
FC 607 Management Basics
FC 608 Basics of Economics and Statistics
FC 609 Fundamentals of Accounting & Strategic Financial Management
FC 610 Managing the Human Resource In The 21st Century
FC 611 Effective Marketing & Basic Selling Skills
(*Exempted for ACA, AICWA, ACS, FCA, M.Com, MBA, B.Com, BBM, BBA Graduates, and others as decided by RIMSR).
II CONCENTRATION COURSES FOR EXPERT CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS:-
Expert Program in Project Management -
CC 501 Principles of Project Management
CC 502 Project Leadership
CC 503 Project Best Practices – I
CC 504 Project Best Practices – II
CC 505 Project Practicum
Expert Program in Production & Operations Managment -
CC 301 Nature & Context of Production & Operations Management
CC 302 Product Design and Process Selection
CC 303 Design of Facilities and Jobs
CC 304 Managing the Supply Chain
CC 305 Revising the System
Expert Program in Business Analytics
CC 708 Overview of Business Analytics
CC 709 Visualization/Data Issues
CC 710 Introduction to Data Mining
CC 711 Introduction to Decision Modeling
CC 712 Project Practicum
Expert Program in Business Finance
CC 801 The Role of Managerial Finance
CC 802 Relating Managerial Finance to Business
CC 803 The Financial Market Environment
CC 804 Financial Statements & Ratios
CC 806 Time Value of Money
CC 807 Interest Rates & Bond Valuation
CC 808 Stock Valuation
The following are the admission requirements:-
- Bachelor’s Degree from a Recognized University.
- Average score of 50% and above in the Bachelor’s Degree Program.
- Test Score of any one of the following:- CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT or Any Other Management Aptitude Test (Subject to Review/Waiver)
- Performance in the Entrance Test, and/or Pre-Admission Interview.
- Official Transcripts from every Undergraduate and Graduate institution attended.
- Work experience is preferred, and may entitle waiver of any of the eligibility criteria given above. The decision of RIMSR in this regard is final and binding.
ADMISSION, DELIVERY, & EVALUATION PROCESS:
The admission process involves three (3) stages:-
- a. Program Admission
- b. Program Delivery
- c. Program Evaluation & Conclusion
01. Individuals interested in any of the programs as listed above, should file their application on-line. To do so, the applicant should visit the HOME page of RIMSR’s website. It is important to note that all the mandatory fields are to be filled compulsorily, without which the application will not be accepted by the system. Likewise, it is to be ensured that the documents asked for in the application form are uploaded, and without which the application will be rejected by the system. The student shall also choose the program of his/her choice.
02. Upon submission of the application on-line, it lands in the Office of the Registrar, RIMSR. The Registrar compiles the applications, and on a pre-determined date, places the applications before the “SELECTION COMMITTEE,” which is invariably chaired by the Chairman, Board of Studies, RIMSR. The “Selection Committee,” decides and finalizes the list of students selected for each of the programs. However, the “Selection Committee” retains the option to conduct an entrance examination or entrance interview, and if so determined, will then direct the Director of RIMSR to do so. Based on the recommendation of the Director, the Committee will decide upon the admission of the applicant/s and will send the selection list to the Registrar for communicating the decision to the concerned applicant. Accordingly, the Registrar will communicate the decision. However, for all applicants who are selected for the program of their choice, a welcome letter is always issued by the Director of RIMSR.
03. The communication of the Registrar to the selected applicants will detail the fee-payable and the last date for payment of fee. The fee is invariably collected in one lump-sum and is payable to the Controller, RIMSR. However, in needy cases, the Director, RIMSR is given the discretion to give the advantage of payment of fee in installments. The number of installments will be decided by the Director. Selected applicants may also submit their requests for scholarships in the form of partial fee-waiver to the Director, RIMSR, who will decide based on merits.
04. Upon the payment of fee and due confirmation to that effect by the Controller, the Registrar will assign the student to a Mentor, and will deliver the license to enter the “GATEWAY,” available on the Home Page of the RIMSR’s website. The license consists of “LOG-IN ID, & PASSWORD.” As these are system generated, there is no provision to modify the same. Once the student enters the “GATEWAY,” using the id and password, a “WELCOME” page appears on the screen which details how to go about further and access the tutorials, case-studies, assignments, webcasts, podcasts, and text-books which are available on-screen. At each stage, it is important for the student to be in touch with the Mentor.
05. Then on, the student will be under the full control of the Mentor who will carry through the student with the academic program. The student shall get guided by the Mentor as to what tutorials to be read, assignments to be completed, case-studies to be analyzed, books to be read, and other guidance as found required by the student. The Mentor may also call the student for discussion on video mode.
06. Based on the academic progress of the students allotted to him, the Mentor will decide about the test that needs to be taken by the students.
07. In case of modular programs, the student has to progress module after module. For each module there will be a test. Only upon passing the test, the student progresses to the next module. Each module is secured by a password, and the Mentor retains the authority to open the module for study based on the academic progress of the student. In case a student does not pass the test, the Mentor decides the next course of action. The academic program of the student will thus progress. The student has access to the Mentor all the time. However, should the student has any difficulty in going through the program, he shall first bring it to the notice of the Registrar, who shall strive to resolve the issue, and shall also bring it to the notice of the Director on matters of importance.
08. In case of Programs that are designed course-wise, the student will take one course after the other. After the completion of each course, there will be a test, and upon successful completion of the first course, the student will move on to the second course, and likewise the other courses. As explained above, the student will be under the constant care of the Mentor. The Mentors are sufficiently empowered to take appropriate decisions, which will be ratified by the BOS or the GC, as the may be.
09. The assignments, case-study analysis, tests, and examinations are all conducted on-line. Clear instructions are given to the student by the Mentor to enable him/her to complete the tasks assigned.
10. In case of tests, the Registrar will indicate the date and time to the concerned students well before. At the appointed time the student has to log-in using his/her id and password. The test starts exactly at the time indicated, and closes at the time determined. For this purpose, the Registrar shares the system time as on RIMSR’s server to all the students.
11. The test paper may contain mostly MCQs, and some theory based questions and his held online on the pre-announced date and time. The MCQs are corrected automatically by the system, and the written answers are evaluated by the Mentors. The Mentors will then send the graded lists to the Registrar who will compile and place the graded lists before the Chairman, Board of Studies. Upon approval by the Board of Studies, the Director will release the graded lists and the same will then be published by the Registrar. Students will also be informed individually.
12. After the conclusion all the modules/courses, the Registrar in consultation with the Mentors will determine the date and time of the final examination, and after seeking the approval of the Director, will announce the date and time of the final examination. The examination is conducted on-line. Students need to log-in at the place of their choice using the id and password made available to them at the beginning of the program. Students should ensure internet connectivity before hand, as the examination cannot be repeated on the ground of non-connectivity. Such cases of absentia will be treated by the system as failed in the examination. In such cases, the Director retains the authority to decide upon suitably. The duration of the examination is generally three (3) hours. At the appointed time the examination begins and closes. The papers are then sent for correction to the authority so decided by the Director. The criteria for gradations of the examination papers are explained in the paragraph “GRADING NORMS.” The results will be declared by the Registrar under the authorization of the Director. Students are also informed individually. Appeals, of any nature, shall be submitted to the Director, whose decision will be final. Students who pass the final examination will be eligible for the receipt of ‘Course Completion Certificate,’ which will be issued in the ‘Graduation Ceremony.’
CRITERIA FOR GRADATION:
The grading criteria for pass in the tests/ examinations will be as per the norms prescribed by RIMSR, as detailed below:-
- A grade of “A” signifies an exceptional, clear, and creative grasp of the concepts of the course with demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to specific problem situations. It also means that the student has actively participated in class activities and has completed all material in a neat and timely manner. The material indicates that the student spent extra time, personal energy, and critical reflection in an effort to demonstrate exceptional work. Grades of 80% and above are rated as “A” grade with distinction.
- A grade of “B” signifies a solid and required understanding of the major concepts of the course and the ability to apply those concepts. It also means that the student’s effort and class participation have exceeded the minimal basic requirements for the course. All assignments were judged to be solid in content and were completed in a timely manner. This is deemed to be the minimum criteria acceptable for graduate level student performance. Grades of 60% and above, and less than 80% are rated as “B” grade and deemed to have passed the test/ examination.
- A grade of “C” signifies a below average demonstration and application of the concepts of the course and/or inadequate preparation in class activities. Grades of below 60% are rated as “C” grade and deemed to have failed in the test/ examination. A grade of C requires that the course be repeated with possible exemption of course-work where he or she has demonstrated adequate knowledge and skill.
- A student has to undergo practical training as part of the Expert Certificate Program. RIMSR will facilitate on-site practical training. Practical training will be on ‘no-pay-no-fee’ basis.
- A student must pass all the assignments, case-study analysis, tests, and examination to be declared by RIMSR to have successfully passed the Expert Certificate Programs. The list of successful students will be declared by RIMSR. The Registrar, RIMSR, will individually inform all the students of their results.
Successful students eligible for the following certification:-
“THIS IS TO CERTIFY THAT DR./ MR./ MS. _______________ HAS SUCCESSFULLY PASSED THE PRESCRIBED FINAL EXAMINATION, ENTITLING FOR THE AWARD OF THE PRESCRIBED CERTIFICATE TESTIFYING SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF THE EXPERT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM IN _________________________. THUS THIS CERTIFICATE STANDS ISSUED TO____________________ IN PROOF OF THE COMPLETION OF THE EXPERT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM.
THIS CERTIFICATE ISSUES WITH THE APPROVAL OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, GOVERNING COUNCIL, AND THE BOARD OF STUDIES OF RIMSR AND CARRIES THE OFFICAL SEAL OF RIMSR.”
Additionally, Candidates successfully passing out of the EXPERT CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT are eligible for 100 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
The fee payable is Rs.35,000/- per program. The program fee is all inclusive.
MODE OF PAYMENT:
Students shall pay the prescribed fee to the Controller, RIMSR either through PayPal or in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favor of ‘A/C 414901010035609, UNION BANK OF INDIA, RAJAJINAGAR BRANCH, BANGALORE 560010, INDIA’ or through bank transfer –NEFT/ RTGS. Bank particulars for payment of fee are as below:-*
UNION BANK OF INDIA, RAJAJINAGAR BRANCH, BANGALORE 560010
POSTAL ADDRESS :
UNION BANK OF INDIA, # 20, 36th Cross, 2nd Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore 560010, Karnataka, India
IFSC CODE :
MICR CODE :
BRANCH CODE :
ACCOUNT NO. :
RANGNEKAR INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH
No fee shall be refunded after one week of the commencement of the program.
CHERRY-PICKING OF COURSES:
- Students have the choice of cherry-picking courses.
- Out of the five (5) concentration courses, one could seek admission to a concentration course of his/her choice. In which case, the tutorials and associated study materials of that particular course which the student is admitted to will be offered to the student.
- Tests and Examination will be specific to the course admitted for. In such cases, the course fee will be INR 5,000/- per course.
- Details on the program content in respect of each course can be obtained from the Director, RIMSR, who can be accessed through mail-id firstname.lastname@example.org. The certification will be limited to the course that the student completes successfully. Students choosing this option are required to do self-study without the advantage of mentoring.
For payment of fee, log-in to page http://www.rimsr.in/?page_id=426.
Scholarship in the form of “fee-waiver” is available. To avail the scholarship email your request to the email@example.com. The number and quantum of scholarship shall be as decided by the Governing Council upon the recommendation of the Board of Studies, which decision shall be final and binding.
Scholarships are available in the form of fee waiver up to 90% of the program fee. The decision of the Board of Studies on the quantum and number of scholarships is final and binding.
Interpretation of rules, regulations and guidelines by RIMSR shall be final and binding.
In all matters of disputes, the decision of RIMSR shall be final and binding.
Scrupulous observation of all rules as existing and to be laid down from time to time by RIMSR is required of all the students. Failure to do so may attract proportionate punitive action with due opportunity to be heard as determined by RIMSR, which decision shall be final and binding.
What Our Students Say
I passed out of RIMSR with specialization in “Supply-Chain Management.” Extremely useful program to all management students. Course design, content, faculty/mentoral support was excellent. A tough course, but very comprehensive. I can proudly say I am a specilist in “Supply-Chain Management.”
Dr. Sujatha, M.Ed, M.Phil, Ph.DBangalore
RIMSR trained over 200 students in my educational institutions on “Digital and Business Literacy.” As an educationist, I recommend this course to all the students, because, the program gives them the basic survival skills. A huge thanks to RIMSR.
I am now a certified project manager. The content of the Advanced Program in Project Management is great. Practically I did the course for free as I was given waiver of 90% considering my merit. Thanks RIMSR.
Ms. Geeta DevasurBangalore
I did the “Business Finance” course in RIMSR. It’s a great program and a must for all. It’s well structured, rich in content with plenty of illustrations. That it’s an online program, it never came in the way of my regular work-schedule. Moreover, it is supported by mentors who gave me all the help whenever I needed any clarification.
Teachers from RIMSR taught me basics of computer. I passed in distinction in Digital Literacy Program. I am very happy, because now I am better than others. They have also told me we will teach you good English, and business basics. I want to pass and look after my family because I can get a job easily. They did not charge me any fee it was free. Thank you sir.
Thank you RIMSR for having trained 90 students of our school (St. Ann's Indian English School, Bangalore) on Computer Literacy. The program is extremely useful, particularly to students in X and XI standards. They have now learnt computer skills the right way. It is indeed a delight to see them displaying their profiiency in Excel program, preparing spread-sheets, and writing simple macros. All these students are interested in acquiring financial and business skills. Do help them, becuase, in my view, these are the most essential vocational skills one should possess to compete shoulder to shoulder in the fiercely competitive job-market.