Regulations – Basic/ Advanced Certificate Programs
RIMSR offers the following Basic/ Advanced Certificate Programs:-
Advanced Certificate Program in Project Management
Advanced Certificate Program in Business Finance
Advanced Certificate Program in Supply Chain Management
Advanced Certificate Program in Health Care Management
Advanced Certificate Program in International Business
Advanced Certificate Program in MSME Management
Basic Certificate Program in Project Management
Basic Certificate Program in Business Finance
Basic Certificate Program in Supply Chain Management
Basic Certificate Program in Health Care Management
These are fast-track, blended programs (supported by Mentors), offered and delivered on E-platform.
A. ELIGIBILITY FOR BASIC/ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS:
The following are the admission requirements:-
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university.*
- Students pursuing graduation programs in their final semester can apply.
- Score in any one of the following :- CAT/MAT/XAT/ATMA/CMAT/or Any Other Management Aptitude Test – Subject to waiver by RIMSR based on credentials of the applicant
- Grades in the Entrance Test and/or Tele-Interview.
- Official transcripts from every undergraduate and graduate institution attended.
*Students in their final semester of their degree programs are permitted to take the above courses, subject to submission of the degree certificate before receiving the certificate of completion of the program.
Courses are delivered on user-friendly virtual platform designed keeping the learning needs of students. The programs are supported by Mentoring by Scholar Practitioners of repute. Mentors are routinely monitored for their efficacy. The programs are designed and delivered to meet the requirements of industries, institutions, and other organizations.
B. COURSE WORK:
The following foundation courses are common to all the above programs. However, the Director of RIMSR is vested with the authority to give course remission in exceptional circumstances, purely based on merit, subject to due-diligence.
|FOUNDATION COURSES (COMMON TO ALL CERTIFICATE PROGRAMS):||NUMBER|
|Principles of Management||BPFC 05|
|Basics of Micro Economics||BPFC 06|
|Introduction to Human Resource Management||BPFC 07|
|Fundamentals of Marketing and Sales Management||BPFC 08|
|Basics of Accountancy and Finance||BPFC 09|
The following are the concentration courses for each of the Certification Programs:-
I. ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT – 12 WEEKS
|Program Characteristics, Types, Identification, Formulation, & Implementation||ACPPROM-01|
|Program Appraisal, Cost Estimation, Financial Appraisal, & Program Financing||ACPPROM-02|
|Program Planning and Scheduling, & Cost Control||ACPPROM-03|
|Program Organization, Contracts, Evaluation, & Options in Projects||ACPPROM-04|
|Program Risk Analysis, Time Value of Money, & Computer Aided Program Management||ACPPROM-05|
II. ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN BUSINESS FINANCE – 12 WEEKS
|Understanding Financial Statements||ACPBF-02|
|Financial and Investment Analysis||ACPBF-04|
III. ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS – 12 WEEKS
|Fundamentals of International Economics||ACPIB-01|
|International Marketing, Global Supply-Chain Management, & Outsourcing||ACPIB-02|
|International Business Environment, & Export Management||ACPIB-03|
|International Finance & E-Commerce||ACPIB-04|
|International Trade Laws, Enforcement of Contracts, & Dispute Resolution||ACPIB-05|
IV. ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT – 12 WEEKS
|Health-Care Facility Planning: Past, Present, and Future
|Planning, Design, and Development of a Modern Hospital
|Administration, Financial Management, HRM, & Patient Relations in Hospitals
|Operations Research, TQM, CAD, & SC Management Systems||ACHCM-04|
|Ethics, Legal Aspects, MIS, Accreditation, and Waste Management
V. ADVANCED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN SUPPLY-CHAIN MANAGEMENT – 12 WEEKS
|Building a Strategic Framework to Analyze Supply Chains
|Designing The Supply Chain Network
|Planning Demand and Supply in Supply Chain Management
|Planning & Managing Inventories in a Supply Chain Management||ACPSCM-04|
|Designing & Planning Transportation Networks
|Managing Cross-Functional Drivers in Supply Chain Management
VI. BASIC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT – 6 WEEKS
VII. BASIC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN BUSINESS FINANCE – 6 WEEKS
|Introduction to Accounting, Accounting Concepts, & Accounting Books||BCPBF-01|
|Reconciliation Statements, Trial Balance, Depreciation, Provision, & Reserves||BCPBF-02|
|Inventory Valuation, & Final Accounts||BCPBF-03|
|Features of Company Accounts & Finalization||BCPBF-04|
|Analysis of Financial Statements||BCPBF-05|
VIII. BASIC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT – 6 WEEKS
|Project Purchasing & Materials Management||BCPSCM-01|
|Logistics and Green Supply Chain||BCPSCM-02|
|ERP & Web Based Supply Chain Management||BCPSCM-03|
|Project Stores & Inventory Management||BCPSCM-04|
|Legal aspects in Supply Chain Management||BCPSCM-05|
IX. BASIC CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN HEALTH-CARE MANAGEMENT – 6 WEEKS
|Essentials of Healthcare Administration, Planning & Designing of Healthcare Facilities
|Hospital Operations & IT in Hospitals
|Logistics & Quality Management in Healthcare||BCPHCM-003|
|HR in Hospitals||BCPHCM-004|
|Legal Aspects of Healthcare & Health Insurance||BCPHCM-005|
C. SOFT-SKILL COURSES:
In active collaboration with EFS Academy, students of RIMSR are given free enrollment to one of the Programs under the ‘Skill Enhancement Program’ of ‘EFS Academy,’ which are duly certified by the ‘State University of New York, USA.’
D. GRADING NORMS:
RIMSR is responsible for grading and evaluation of all assignments/ tests/ examinations.The grading system is as follows:-A. A grade of “A” signifies an exceptional, clear, and creative grasp of the concepts of the course with demonstrated ability to apply this knowledge to specific problem situations. It also means that the student has actively participated in class activities and has completed all material in a neat and timely manner. The material indicates that the student spent extra time, personal energy, and critical reflection in an effort to demonstrate exceptional work. Grading of 80% and above is rated as “A” grade, meaning the student has passed the program with distinction.B. A grade of “B” signifies a solid and required understanding of the major concepts of the course and the ability to apply those concepts. It also means that the student’s effort and class participation have exceeded the minimal basic requirements for the course. All assignments were judged to be solid in content and were completed in a timely manner. This is deemed to be the minimum criteria acceptable. Grading of 60% and above is rated as “B” grade, meaning the student has passed the program.C. A grade of “C” signifies a below average demonstration and application of the concepts of the course and/or inadequate preparation in class activities. It may also indicate that assignments were not completed in a satisfactory or timely manner. Grades of below 60% are rated as “C” grade and are deemed to have failed. However, they are eligible to repeat the program/ course without any additional fee, subject to prior approval from RIMSR. Such a provision to repeat the program/ course is available only twice, and if the student still fails to obtain a score of 60% and above, he/she will be required to appear for the program afresh as a new student, and the program fee need to be paid afresh.
D. DECLARATION OF RESULT AND CERTIFICATION:
RIMSR will declare the results. Students will be individually informed of their results by the Registrar, RIMSR.Successful students in the Certificate Programs are eligible for the Certification of Completion of the respective Diploma/ Certificate, as illustrated under:-
E. FEE STRUCTURE:
The program fee is as below:-
- Basic Certificate Programs – For Indian Citizens – Rs.12,500/-*
- Advanced Certificate Programs – For Indian Citizens – Rs.25,000/-*. For all others – US $ 2,100/-
* Excludes Programs in MSME Management, which are subsidized by SIDBI.The fee includes, tuition, program material, mentoring, test/examinations, library, technology fee, and certification fee. No further fee of any kind is payable.
The fee is payable in the form of a DD/Banker’s cheque drawn in favor of ‘EDUCATION AND FINANCIAL SERVICES’ or through bank transfers (RTGS OR NEFT), the details of which given hereunder:-
|BANK:||HDFC BANK, RT NAGAR, BANGALORE|
|POSTAL ADDRESS :||RT Nagar, Bangalore 560 032
HDFC BANK, 409/1, Golden Eye
|BANK TELEPHONE :||080-61606161|
|IFSC CODE :||HDFC0000140|
|MICR CODE :||560240009|
|BRANCH CODE :||000140|
|ACCOUNT NO. :||01402000006242|
|ACCOUNT NAME:||EDUCATION AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
For payment of fee, log-in to page http://www.rimsr.in/?page_id=426. Scholarship in the form of “fee-waiver” is available. To avail the scholarship email your request to the email@example.com. The number and quantum of scholarship shall be as decided by the Governing Council upon the recommendation of the Board of Studies, which decision shall be final and binding.No fees shall be refunded after the commencement of the program.
F. ADMISSION, DELIVERY, & EVALUATION PROCESSES (COMMON TO ALL THE PROGRAMS):
The admission process involves three (3) stages:-
- a. Program Admission
- b. Program Delivery
- c. Program Evaluation & Conclusion
01. Individuals interested in any of the programs as listed above, should file their application on-line. To do so, the applicant should visit the HOME page of RIMSR’s website. It is important to note that all the mandatory fields are to be filled compulsorily, without which the application will not be accepted by the system. Likewise, it is to be ensured that the documents asked for in the application form are uploaded, and without which the application will be rejected by the system. The student shall also choose the program of his/her choice.
02. Upon submission of the application on-line, it lands in the Office of the Registrar, RIMSR. The Registrar compiles the applications, and on a pre-determined date, places the applications before the “SELECTION COMMITTEE,” which is invariably chaired by the Chairman, Board of Studies, RIMSR. The “Selection Committee,” decides and finalizes the list of students selected for each of the programs. However, the “Selection Committee” retains the option to conduct an entrance examination or entrance interview, and if so determined, will then direct the Director of RIMSR to do so. Based on the recommendation of the Director, the Committee will decide upon the admission of the applicant/s and will send the selection list to the Registrar for communicating the decision to the concerned applicant. Accordingly, the Registrar will communicate the decision. However, for all applicants who are selected for the program of their choice, a welcome letter is always issued by the Director of RIMSR.
03. The communication of the Registrar to the selected applicants will detail the fee-payable and the last date for payment of fee. The fee is invariably collected in one lump-sum and is payable to the Controller, RIMSR. However, in needy cases, the Director, RIMSR is given the discretion to give the advantage of payment of fee in installments. The number of installments will be decided by the Director. Selected applicants may also submit their requests for scholarships in the form of partial fee-waiver to the Director, RIMSR, who will decide based on merits.
04. Upon the payment of fee and due confirmation to that effect by the Controller, the Registrar will assign the student to a Mentor, and will deliver the license to enter the “GATEWAY,” available on the Home Page of the RIMSR’s website. The license consists of “LOG-IN ID, & PASSWORD.” As these are system generated, there is no provision to modify the same. Once the student enters the “GATEWAY,” using the id and password, a “WELCOME” page appears on the screen which details how to go about further and access the tutorials, case-studies, assignments, webcasts, podcasts, and text-books which are available on-screen. At each stage, it is important for the student to be in touch with the Mentor.
05. Then on, the student will be under the full control of the Mentor who will carry through the student with the academic program. The student shall get guided by the Mentor as to what tutorials to be read, assignments to be completed, case-studies to be analyzed, books to be read, and other guidance as found required by the student. The Mentor may also call the student for discussion on video mode.
06. Based on the academic progress of the students allotted to him, the Mentor will decide about the test that needs to be taken by the students.
07. In case of modular programs, that is, a course will be broken down into 4 to 5 modules, the student has to progress module after module. For each module there will be a test. Only upon passing the test, the student progresses to the next module. Each module is secured by a password, and the Mentor retains the authority to open the module for study based on the academic progress of the student. In case a student does not pass the test, the Mentor decides the next course of action. The academic program of the student will thus progress. The student has access to the Mentor all the time. However, should the student has any difficulty in going through the program, he shall first bring it to the notice of the Registrar, who shall strive to resolve the issue, and shall also bring it to the notice of the Director on matters of importance.
08. In case of Programs that are designed course-wise, the student will take one course after the other. After the completion of each course, there will be a test, and upon successful completion of the first course, the student will move on to the second course, and likewise the other courses. As explained above, the student will be under the constant care of the Mentor. The Mentors are sufficiently empowered to take appropriate decisions, which will be ratified by the BOS or the GC, as the may be.
09. The assignments, case-study analysis, tests, and examinations are all conducted on-line. Clear instructions are given to the student by the Mentor to enable him/her to complete the tasks assigned.
10. In case of tests, the Registrar will indicate the date and time to the concerned students well before. At the appointed time the student has to log-in using his/her id and password. The test starts exactly at the time indicated, and closes at the time determined. For this purpose, the Registrar shares the system time as on RIMSR’s server to all the students.
11. The test paper may contain mostly MCQs, and some theory based questions. The MCQs are corrected automatically by the system, and the written answers are evaluated by the Mentors. The Mentors will then send the graded lists to the Registrar who will compile and place the graded lists before the Chairman, Board of Studies. Upon approval by the Board of Studies, the Director will release the graded lists and the same will then be published by the Registrar. Students will also be informed individually.
12. After the conclusion all the modules/courses, the Registrar in consultation with the Mentors will determine the date and time of the final examination, and after seeking the approval of the Director, will announce the date and time of the final examination. The examination is conducted on-line. Students need to log-in at the place of their choice using the id and password made available to them at the beginning of the program. Students should ensure internet connectivity before hand, as the examination cannot be repeated on the ground of non-connectivity. Such cases of absentia will be treated by the system as failed in the examination. In such cases, the Director retains the authority to decide upon suitably. The duration of the examination is generally three (3) hours. At the appointed time the examination begins and closes. The papers are then sent for correction to the authority so decided by the Director. The criteria for gradations of the examination papers are explained in the paragraph “GRADING NORMS.” The results will be declared by the Registrar under the authorization of the Director. Students are also informed individually. Appeals, of any nature, shall be submitted to the Director, whose decision will be final. Students who pass the final examination will be eligible for the receipt of ‘Course Completion Certificate,’ which will be issued in the ‘Graduation Ceremony.’
G. GENERAL CONDITION:
Interpretation of rules, regulations and guidelines by RIMSR shall be final and binding. In all matters of disputes, the decision of RIMSR shall be final and binding. Scrupulous observation of all rules as existing and to be laid down from time to time by RIMSR is required of all the students. Failure to do so may attract proportionate punitive action with due opportunity to be heard as determined by RIMSR, which decision shall be final and binding.